Dr. Fahad Bin Ibrahim Al-Shathri is currently the Deputy Minister at the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) since June 2018, and the Chairman of Kafalah SME Loan Guarantee Program. Dr. Al-Shathri has held various management positions and roles, including:
- Deputy Governor of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency for Research and International Affairs
- Executive Director and Member of the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund - Washington
- An economic advisor at the Ministry of Finance.
- A Board member of the Saudi Social Development Bank
- A Board member of the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development
- A member of the Preparatory Committee for hosting the G20
- A member of the Preparatory Committee of the National Financial Stability Committee.
On the educational level, Dr. Al-Shathri holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from King Saud University, a master's degree in economics from King Saud University and a Ph.D. in economics in public finance from Lehigh University. In addition to many internal and external training courses in different fields.