His Excellency Eng. Suhail bin Mohammed Abanmi is currently the Governor of the General Authority for Zakat and Tax since June 2017. He held various management positions and roles including:
- Deputy Minister of Internal Commerce in the Ministry of Commerce and Investment
- Advisor to the Minister of Commerce and Investment
- General Supervisor of Qawaem Program
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Bayan Credit Bearue
- 17 years of experience in business and IT development experience in the banking and financial sector
- Director of Business Development at Al Rajhi Bank
- Director of Business Development at Tadawul
- Board Member of Tadawul
- Board Member of the General Authority for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Board Member of the General Authority for Statistics
- Board Member of the Securities Depository Center Company
- Board Member of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage
- Board Member of the General Investment Authority.
On the educational front, HE Abanmi holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from King Saud University, a master's degree in computer engineering from the University of New South Wales, a master's degree in business administration from the University of King Faisal. In addition to several executive training programs from the most prestigious international universities such as the University of London Business School.